Spice Up Your Morning With This Cuban Inspired Butter Coffee
All Photos by Greg Rollett
Yes, ambitious high performers and brain boosters are still putting butter and MCT oil in their daily coffee, me included. And while I love the added performance and boost my Bulletproof-inspired coffee gives me, sometimes you need to add a little flavor to your life.
This is why I began to concoct my Cuban infused butter coffee; half brain-hack, half morning party, this coffee will definitely get your morning started with some ambition.
What you’ll need:
- Coffee, preferably organic and/or single origin. I use Newman’s Own Organic Coffee in the K-Cups that we buy by the caseload at Sam’s Club. You can also grab great coffee from Onnit or right from the Bulletproof Coffee sensai himself, Dave Asprey.
- Grass-Fed Butter. We use Kerry Gold which can be found at nearly all grocers across the US.
- MCT Oil (not just Coconut Oil). I have been loving the MCT Oil from Onnit. A bottle will typically last me close to a month.
- Cinnamon. We like Simply Organic Cinnamon.
- Raw Cacao Powder. We are currently scooping Organic World Berries Raw Cacao Powder
- Butter Toffee Liquid Stevia. What can I say, I like my coffee a little sweet. I’ll sometimes swap the Butter Toffee for the Vanilla.
How it’s done:
- Brew the coffee. I use the Kuerig and make 2 quick cups (one for me and 1 for the lady).
- Throw the coffee in a blender, we use the Vitamix but nearly any blender will do. Scoop in 2 TSB of the GrassFed Butter and 2 TSB of the MCT Oil into the blender.
- Sprinkle in some of the cinnamon.
- Scoop a spoonful of the Raw Cacao power and add a good splash of the Coconut Milk. Finally, drop in 4-6 drops of the Liquid Stevia.
- Then blend. I let it go for 2-3 minutes to get it nice and frothy
- After pouring into your mug of choice, sprinkle some cinnamon on top and start your day as if you own the place.