Sally Hogshead has lead a life that is nothing short of fascinating. She rose to the top of the advertising profession winning the “Peabody Award” at age 20, which is the highest award for copywriting you can achieve. Over the course of her advertising career, Sally has won hundreds of awards for creativity, copywriting, and branding, and was one of the most awarded advertising copywriters from start of her career, including almost every major international advertising award.
After taking the Fascination Advantage Assessment, I found out I am The Talent archetype. According to Sally, “I am expressive, stylish and emotionally-intelligent”. Now that’s not a bad way to get graded on a test. Take a look below at the quote card lessons in the book that stood out to me.
1. If you are like me you like role models. This is a blessing and a curse. It’s ok to do research but at the end of the day success stems from your ability to create original work.
2. A business environment is much like playing a sport, everyone has their role to offer. If you don’t know your skillset you do not know how to help your team win.
3. The best businesses know how to listen to customers.
4. It can be challenging to work with people that make you feel uncomfortable. But if you can work through it you will discover a jewel about yourself.
5. At the end of the day, you have to know how to uniquely see yourself in the crowd and take action to share your narrative.
The more you know yourself, the better you will be at communicating with team members, clients, and prospects. In what ways can you be more fascinating? What are some tips you have for other entrepreneurs to use in their businesses?
I was FASCINATED with Sally Hogshead’s book. Take the Fascinate quiz yourself. Go ahead and see how the world sees you! Let us know what you find out in the comments below.